Last modified: May 25,2018
Skin Deep Formulations respects your privacy and we are committed to protecting your personal data. This Policy will inform you as to how we look after your personal data, including when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from), or when you order or use our services, and tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
This policy describes the kinds of information we may collect from you or that you may provide to us when you visit our website(s) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies when we are in control of how data is collected, stored, and processed. (When we are the data controller.) Including information we collect:
▪ on our Websites (https://skindeepformulations.com/ & including any sub-domains)
▪ in e-mail or other electronic messages between you and our Website(s)
▪ via our email marketing service provider (MailChimp)
It does not apply to information collected by:
▪ us offline or through any other means
▪ any third party, including through any application or content that may be linked to or be accessible from our Website(s)
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it.
Our Website(s) incorporates privacy controls affecting how we process your personal data. You can opt out of our email newsletter, request your personal information, request to update and change your personal information, or request to delete your personal information. If you wish to opt out of our email newsletter, you can click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email we send. You may make any of these requests by visiting this optin page.
We will never sell your personal data to a third party.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes: first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, photos or other images.
- Contact Data includes: billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers, and any social media accounts used to contact us.
- Financial Data includes: bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes: details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have ordered or commissioned from us.
- Technical Data includes: internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes: any username and password to access our systems, commissions or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes: information about how you use our website, products, and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes: your preferences in receiving marketing from us and any third parties made known to you and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you or any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with services). In this case, we may have to cancel an order or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
We collect several types of information about you, including information that:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, social media or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- commission or order for our products or services (for example, by telephone, email or via our websites);
- create an account on our website or on one of our systems;
- subscribe to our publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a promotion or survey;
- make a general inquiry about our products or services; or
- give us feedback.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers such as Google based inside or outside the EU;
- advertising networks, such as Google Ads or Facebook, based inside or outside the EU; and
- search information providers, such as Google, based inside or outside the EU.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as PayPal and Stripe, based inside or outside the EU and HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC).
- Technology providers we use, including support and inquiry ticketing systems such as Zendesk, client relationship and marketing platforms such as Intercom, and other hosting and communications providers such as Amazon WS, Digital Ocean, Gravity Forms, Wufoo, Pushcrew, Gotowebinar, Zoom based inside or outside the EU.
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources.
- Technical Data from the following parties:
As you navigate through and interact with our Website(s), we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about you including:
▪ how you interact with our Website(s), including what pages you visited, when you last logged into your account, and if you open or click on our email newsletters
▪ information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, location, operating system and browser type
We collect this information via Google Analytics using cookies, and web beacons. And this information helps us to improve our Website(s) and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
▪ estimate our audience size
▪ understand how our audience uses our Website(s)
▪ store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website(s) according to your individual interests
▪ speed up your searches
▪ recognize you when you return to our Website(s)
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
▪ web beacons. Pages of our the Website(s) and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us to count users who have visited pages, opened an email, and for other related website(s) statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website(s) content and verifying system and server integrity).
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website(s).
The Usage Information we collect is used to monitor and improve our website(s) and services.
Once collected, the Company may use your Personally Identifiable Information in a variety of ways including, but not limited to:
- Provide service communications such as bill reminders, order confirmations, program registrations, and customer service messages
- Respond to your e-mails or online requests for products, services, or information
- Deliver and process surveys
- Personalize and improve the usability of the Company website(s)
- Fulfill and/or deliver the Services
- Tailor content, advertising and marketing to you
- Share with third parties as required by law or to protect the Company
- Communicate with you
- Improve and optimize the operation and performance of the Services
- Diagnose problems with and identify any security risks, errors, or needed enhancements to the Services
- Detect and prevent fraud and abuse of our Services and systems
- Collecting aggregate statistics about use of the Services
- Understand and analyze how you use the Services and what products and services are most relevant to you
When you create an account on our Website(s), you voluntarily provide us your name and email address. We collect this information via GravityForms, Restrict Content Pro, WP Membership, or WooCommerce in order to deliver you the products & services you requested.
When you fill out a contact form or an application, you voluntarily provide us your name, contact information, and other information. We will process this information according to the instructions you provide.
When you make a purchase through our website(s), you voluntarily provide us your name, email address, postal address(es), and credit card information.
We collect this information via Stripe and PayPal. This information is used to supply you with the product purchased and keep accurate records of your transaction.
Email Newsletter or Opt-in Information
When you sign up to receive a free gift via email, free email class, or for our email newsletter list containing tips and updates for your creative business and life, you voluntarily provide us your name and email address. We will process this information per your request to provide you the relevant information and newsletters. Additionally when you interact with our emails, MailChimp will track which emails you open and any links you click. From time to time, these clicks will be tracked to identify what resources and products are most relevant to your creative business and life. We do this, so that we can only send you the most relevant information to your inbox.
We may process any personal information we have on you when required by a court order, legal obligation, court proceeding.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our website(s) visitors (information that is not identifiable to you) without restriction.
We do not sale, rent, or share our email list containing your personal information to third parties.
However, we may disclose information that can be directly tied to you to:
▪ contractors, service providers and other third parties that we reasonably use to support our business
▪ fulfill the purpose for which you provide it
▪ fulfill any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
▪ process your payment, including refunds, complaints, queries with Paypal and Stripe only to the degree necessary
We may also disclose your personal information:
▪ to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request
▪ to enforce or apply any agreements between us, including for billing and collection purposes.
▪ if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers or others. For example, exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
NON-PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Site more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third-party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to users. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to Personal Data.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Tracking Technologies and Advertising.
Promotional Offers from Us. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used by us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email we send or visiting this page. This opt out does not apply to information provided to us as a result of a product purchase or transaction.
RETAINING AND DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes you gave it to us, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers and employees (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers or employees for tax and legal liability purpose, but we also keep this information to make it easier for customers to make new, follow-on or repeat service orders. We will seek to renew consent for marketing communications on a periodic basis.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Request erasure below for further information.
In some circumstances, we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
DATA SECURITY AND INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Our offices are based in Canada and in the United States, along with our hosting facilities and service providers.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure both during transfer and storage.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website(s), you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website(s). Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website(s).
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 16
Our Website(s) are not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to our Website(s). We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information to our Website(s) or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any user name you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
THIRD PARTY LINKS
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website(s) that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to EMAIL.
YOUR CANADIAN PRIVACY RIGHTS
CANADIAN Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) is the federal privacy law permits users of our Website(s) that are Canadian residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
YOUR EUROPEAN UNION PRIVACY RIGHTS
The EU General Data Protection Regulation permits users of our Website(s) that are European Union residents certain rights. Your rights include:
▪ the right to access;
▪ the right to rectification;
▪ the right to erasure;
▪ the right to restrict processing;
▪ the right to object to processing;
▪ the right to data portability;
▪ the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
▪ the right to withdraw consent.
To access a copy of your data, correct it, restrict how it’s used, or erase it please visit this page.
If you believe that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
If you wish to withdraw your consent for us to process your data, you can opt-out anytime by visiting this page.
We may update this policy from time to time by updating the version on this page. You should check this page occasionally to identify any updates. The last update date appears at the top of this page.
This website(s) is owned and operated by: Skin Deep Formulations
Our mailing address is: 5220 Lakeshore Drive, Sylvan Lake, AB T4S 1E8
Skin Deep Formulations