Dermaplaning has become a sought after treatment for gentle yet effective exfoliation and removal of vellous facial hair. You will learn to perform this painless procedure using a surgical stainless steel scalpel to remove the top layer of dead skin cells. Dermaplaning can be used with additional esthetic treatments and modalities which will also be covered. This 30 minute procedure is a must have addition to your treatment menu.
Benefits of dermaplaning
Physical exfoliation triggers the cell regeneration process and allows products to better penetrate skin. Some practitioners perform a chemical peel post-dermaplaning (I wouldn’t recommend this if you’ve never had either treatment before or have sensitive skin). Dermaplaning is also excellent to rid the face of excess fine hairs which can often accumulate dirt and oil. Contrary to popular belief, vellus hairs, as opposed to terminal hair, will not grow back thicker or darker. Microdermabrasion, which also physically exfoliates skin, does not remove vellus hair. Exfoliation of dead cells along with the removal of fine hairs results in healthier, brighter skin that has a smoother look and feel.
Who should consider dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is especially effective on those with dry or rough skin texture and helps to minimize superficial acne scarring or uneven skin tone. It is also beneficial for mature skin, which tends to have a buildup of dead cells as cellular turnover slows down with age. Dermaplaning is safe for pregnant or lactating clients who cannot have chemical peels (peels penetrate skin to act at the cellular level, thus are contraindicated). Those with very oily or active acne should avoid this procedure as well as anyone with thick, dark facial hair.
OPTION 1: $575 CAD + GST | Includes Student Start KIT
OPTIONS 2: $600 CAD + GST | Includes Deluxe Student KIT
Kit Contents: This Is included in our standard course kit
- Course Manual
- Instructional DVD
- 13x 10R Butter Blade
- 3x 10R Butter Blade W/Attached Handle
- 1 x 1Oz AHA Prep Solution
- 1x Metal Blade Handle
- 1x NuPeel Sample
- 1x Blade Removal Box
Kit Contents: This Is included in our standard course with Deluxe kit
- 1 Stainless Steel Blade Handle
- 1 – AHA/BHA Skin Prep Solution 4 oz.
- 1 – Nourish Dermaplaning Oil. 0.5 oz.
- 1 – 22/pk. #10R Butter Blades
- 5 – #10R Butter Blades with Attached Handle
- 1 – NuPeel Natural Enzyme 2 oz.
- 1 – Blade Remover Box
Recoup the cost of your training in under 5 treatments!
- Dermaplaning procedures range from $85-$175
- If added to an existing treatment, for example a chemical peel the average up charge would be around $50
- The procedure takes 30-45 minutes to perform.
- It is recommended that you price your treatments on the demographic around your business and going rates in your area
Within this outlined training, you will acquire the necessary skills and technique to properly perform a safe and thorough Dermaplaning procedure. Understanding proper sanitation, safety issues, and in addition, skin profiling is included in this course.
- The history & purpose of dermaplaning
- How dermaplaning compares with other forms of physical exfoliation and hair removal
- Client selection
- Contraindications to treatment
- Proper sanitation of instruments and infection protection
- Methodology for dermaplaning treatment including: maneuvering the instrument, clinical end points, trouble shooting and post procedure options.
- Pre-treatment skin analysis and explanation of the procedure to the client
Industry Professional(s) Only May Apply For this Advanced Educational Program.
How do Online Courses work?
Online training is the perfect solution for busy professionals who need more flexibility in scheduling and/or prefer individual coaching.
Learn at your own pace and when you’re ready for hands-on we’ll use FaceTime (Mac), Skype or Zoom (PC) for one-on-one video conferencing.
It’s like having a trainer come to you without the additional travel time and expense.
Hands-on training can be scheduled weekends or evenings to accommodate your busy schedule.
You’ll need a model for one hour and at the conclusion of the training and with a little practice you’ll be ready to get started.
Individual attention and coaching gives you the practice, experience and confidence you need to successfully introduce your clients to this popular treatment.
Our Certification Courses are Comprised of 2 Parts.
Dermaplane University Online Course
- Video Training
- Manual (PDF)
- Face Diagram (PDF)
- Dermaplaning Demonstration Videos: Left-Handed and Right-Handed.
- Certificate of Completion
- Hands-On Dermaplaning with Instructor
- Student Start Kit (mailed to you upon receipt of registration)
- Experience working with tools and supplies in the Student Start Kit
- Coaching to perform a complete dermaplaning facial on your model.(You will need a model for approximately 1 hour)
- Certification upon successful completion.
- Listing on the Find A Provider page at dermaplanepro.com
- E-Mail, phone and live video support at no charge (as needed)