Dermaplaning has become a sought after treatment for gentle yet effective exfoliation and removal of vellous facial hair. You will learn to perform this painless procedure using a surgical stainless steel scalpel to remove the top layer of dead skin cells. Dermaplaning can be used with additional esthetic treatments and modalities which will also be covered. This 30 minute procedure is a must have addition to your treatment menu.
Benefits of dermaplaning
Physical exfoliation triggers the cell regeneration process and allows products to better penetrate skin. Some practitioners perform a chemical peel post-dermaplaning (I wouldn’t recommend this if you’ve never had either treatment before or have sensitive skin). Dermaplaning is also excellent to rid the face of excess fine hairs which can often accumulate dirt and oil. Contrary to popular belief, vellus hairs, as opposed to terminal hair, will not grow back thicker or darker. Microdermabrasion, which also physically exfoliates skin, does not remove vellus hair. Exfoliation of dead cells along with the removal of fine hairs results in healthier, brighter skin that has a smoother look and feel.
Who should consider dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is especially effective on those with dry or rough skin texture and helps to minimize superficial acne scarring or uneven skin tone. It is also beneficial for mature skin, which tends to have a buildup of dead cells as cellular turnover slows down with age. Dermaplaning is safe for pregnant or lactating clients who cannot have chemical peels (peels penetrate skin to act at the cellular level, thus are contraindicated). Those with very oily or active acne should avoid this procedure as well as anyone with thick, dark facial hair.
$500 CAD + GST
- Includes Kit
Recoup the cost of your training in under 5 treatments!
- Dermaplaning procedures range from $85-$175
- If added to an existing treatment, for example a chemical peel the average up charge would be around $50
- The procedure takes 30-45 minutes to perform.
- It is recommended that you price your treatments on the demographic around your business and going rates in your area
- TORONTO |February 25th 2018 | April 8th 2018 | May 27th
- OTTAWA | January 28, 2018 | March 4, 2018 | April 15, 2018 | May 27, 2018 |
- EDMONTON | January 7, 2018 | March 11, 2018 | August 12, 2018 |
- CALGARY | February 4, 2018 | April 29, 2018 |
- VANCOUVER | January 15, 2018 | February 19, 2018 | March 19, 2018 | April 30, 2018 | June 18, 2018 |
- BRANDON | February 11, 2018 | March 25, 2018 |
- RED DEER | June 10 , 2018
Within this outlined training, you will acquire the necessary skills and technique to properly perform a safe and thorough Dermaplaning procedure. Understanding proper sanitation, safety issues, and in addition, skin profiling is included in this course.
- The history & purpose of dermaplaning
- How dermaplaning compares with other forms of physical exfoliation and hair removal
- Client selection
- Contraindications to treatment
- Proper sanitation of instruments and infection protection
- Methodology for dermaplaning treatment including: maneuvering the instrument, clinical end points, trouble shooting and post procedure options.
- Pre-treatment skin analysis and explanation of the procedure to the client
Industry Professional(s) Only May Apply For this Advanced Educational Program.